- Debit Card Tips
- If you need to repin a Mechanics Bank debit card, you can call 1-800-992-3808.
- If you need to close a Mechanics Bank debit card after business hours, you can call 1-800-472-3272. A new card will not be automatically issued, so if you would like a replacement card, please contact us to reorder during normal business hours.
- Traveling out of state and plan to use your Mechanics Debit Card? Unfortunately, fraudulent debit card activity is on the rise internationally and throughout the United States. Mechanics Bank has taken steps to protect you. These practices are designed to identify certain geographic areas and types of merchants that are at high risk for fraudulent transactions and to block transactions at those locations—which may include common uses, such as gasoline and convenience store purchases. As a result, if you are traveling outside of Ohio and visit any of these high-risk locations, your debit card transactions may be blocked to prevent this type of fraud. Please contact our Answer Center at 419-524-0831 before traveling out of state to help avoid blocked debit card transactions. Here are a few other items to keep in mind:
- It’s always best to carry more than one method of payment (e.g., debit card, prepaid gift cards, traveler’s checks, cash, credit card).
- For security reasons, there are limitations on the dollar amounts of debit card transactions. The limit for cash withdrawals at an ATM machine with your Mechanics Bank Debit Card is $200 per day. Retail purchases where a pin number is used (including point-of-sale transactions) are limited to $300 per day. Signature-based transactions are limited to $1000 per day. Please click on the chat icon or call the Answer Center at 419-524-BANK if you need to change these automatic limits.
- Customized Debit Cards
Upload your favorite picture to create your very own custom card—it’s a great way to show off your family, pet, or favorite vacation spot. Get a new personalized card to replace your existing Mechanics Bank debit card for $10. Click here to get started.
Want more information? Try our Customized Debit Card Specifications and FAQ. Still need help? Contact our Answer Center at 419-524-0831.
- Shop. Sign. Earn Rewards!
The Mechanics Bank Debit Card rewards you for purchases you make every day. Once you enroll, you’ll receive one point for every three dollars spent on signature-based transactions. Points may be redeemed for gift cards, merchandise, dining, and travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I receive incentives?
You receive one point for every three dollars spent on signature-based transactions. The more signature-based transactions you perform, the more points you earn.
What is a signature-based transaction?
A signature-based transaction is any debit card transaction where you do not use your PIN number to complete the transaction.
How do I enroll?
Enrolling in the Debit Card Rewards program is easy: register your card by visiting www.uchooserewards.com. Your debit card number will be needed in order to register. Each debit card (with a different card number) will need to be enrolled to begin earning points.
Will I be charged any fees?
No, there are no fees related to the Debit Card Rewards Program.
How do I redeem points?
You can view and redeem points at www.uchooserewards.com once you have registered.
When are my point totals updated and ready to use?
Points earned each month are available by the 5th of the following month.
How many points do I need to earn before I can redeem them for a reward?
It’s your choice when you want to start redeeming your points. Rewards are available with as few as 1,000 points, or save up points and earn more valuable rewards.
When do my points expire?
Points expire five years from their issue date.
Program is subject to change without notice.
- Debit Card App