Identity Theft Prevention (click for PDF)
Online Security Best Practices (click for PDF)
Online Security Best Practices for Business (click for PDF)
Mobile Device Risks & Best Practices (click for PDF)
Are You Getting Scammed?
Are you cashing or depositing a check for any of these reasons:
- Winning a lottery you never entered?
- Work-at-home program?
- Commission for accepting funds through your Bank or Paypal?
Have you been asked to:
- RETURN some of the check proceeds?
- WIRE, WESTERN UNION, or MONEY GRAM some of the funds to someone?
- SEND money overseas?
- PAY MONEY to receive an inheritance?
- WITHDRAWAL a large sum of money by someone you don’t know, for any reason?
Have you responded to an email requesting you to:
- CONFIRM, UPDATE or PROVIDE your account information?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above, you may be getting scammed and we may be able to help. Talk to a Mechanics employee today.
For more information, please contact the Mechanics Bank Information Security Department at 419-524-0831.
(Offers a variety of information to help educate and protect consumers.)
to view the FDIC's cybersecurity guide featuring articles outlining helpful tips for preventing online fraud and theft.
(The Federal Trade Commission is the nation’s consumer protection agency.)
(A resource that makes it easier for victims to report and recover from identity theft.)
(Educational resource that provides tips for protecting your sensitive information online.)
(You can request and receive a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each of the credit reporting agencies.)